The Community Strengthening Program is designed to help low to moderate income communities:
- Prepare community based development plans.
- Build community development capacity.
- Target their most distressed areas through Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Areas (NRSA) designation.
Major Achievements of CSP
community networking meetings were conducted to improve community
networking and to share information and ideas on the Community
Strengthening Program and community based planning.
- One planning workshop was conducted to help community members organize their planning process.
Neighborhood Planning Guide was developed to provide community members
with information on the community based and NRSA planning process.
- Speak-Out training was conducted for 8 communities as a tool for obtaining community planning input.
- A Speak-Out was conducted in Chinatown to obtain input on community affecting the local residents.
- The Kalihi, Palama, Chinatown community has completed its community based planning process to re-new its NRSA designation.
communities have organized community based planning committees and
prepared plans for formulating or updating community strategic or NRSA